- Choose not to participate in or carry on with something: they had both opted out of the medical planMore example sentences
- Last spring, he opted out of football drills and chose instead to pitch for the USC baseball team, taking the hill in nine games.
- A little-debated provision in the 1996 welfare reform law mandates a lifetime ban on welfare and food stamps for drug offenders, although New York is one of eight states that have opted out of the ban.
- After the arrangements were made, Love opted out of the event altogether, as she reportedly ‘missed her plane’ from Los Angeles.
More definitions of opt outDefinition of opt out in:
- The British & World English dictionary