noun(also optic disc) Anatomy
- The raised disk on the retina at the point of entry of the optic nerve, lacking visual receptors and so creating a blind spot.More example sentences
- The optic disc marks the exit point of the retinal nerve fibres from the eye.
- Symptoms include floaters and blurred vision caused by swelling of the optic disc and macular edema.
- Visual acuities should be measured and the optic discs examined.
More definitions of optic diskDefinition of optic disk in:
- The British & World English dictionary