- The property (displayed by solutions of some compounds, notably many sugars) of rotating the plane of polarization of plane-polarized light.More example sentences
- These materials are said to display optical activity, and are rapidly gaining popularity among engineers.
- If the product and catalyst of a reaction were the same, then amplification of optical activity might just be possible, they reasoned.
- In the slightly different situation of a crystal with optical activity, the center of the bull's-eye is not black, and its color gives information about the amount of twist.
More definitions of optical activityDefinition of optical activity in:
- The British & World English dictionary