- The identification of printed characters using photoelectric devices and computer software.More example sentences
- The relevant software such as text-retrieval systems or optical character recognition could be used to do the necessary transformation and processing.
- They are also at the heart of practical technologies, such as optical character recognition and speech recognition.
- We had been in contact since my early experiments with optical character recognition in the early 90's.
More definitions of optical character recognitionDefinition of optical character recognition in:
- The British & World English dictionary