Definition of optoelectronics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
1The branch of technology concerned with the combined use of electronics and light.
- Photonics and optoelectronics are interesting and important technologies that are relevant to many of these markets.
- There may be fewer complaints about skills shortages now that the industry has shed thousands of jobs, but there are still dozens of unfilled posts in optoelectronics and electronic engineering.
- Another challenge is that optoelectronics is a mélange of unstandardized technologies and material systems.
- Example sentences
- Those projects range from optoelectronic integrated circuits to nano-electronics, including advanced materials for devices such as quantum wells, quantum dots and quantum wires.
- Processes for optoelectronic assembly today include many traditional microelectronic assembly processes and a few special processes that include the added complication of fiber alignment and active-component alignment.
- Major chip-makers and optoelectronic component manufacturers are in the north of Silicon Valley and biotech companies are in the south.
Definition of optoelectronics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia