The practice or profession of examining the eyes for visual defects and prescribing corrective lenses.
- Deriving from his specialised knowledge of optometry, this cylindrical lens imitates what happens in astigmatism.
- These fees affect students in a range of professional programs, including business, law, veterinary medicine, optometry, pharmacy and nursing.
- He also described the principles and method that created the basis for optometry and retinoscopy.
- Example sentences
- The siting of digital cameras in community optometric practices provides accessibility and flexibility of appointment times for patients, rapid communication of screening results, and an opportunity for patient education.
- They'll also receive medical, dental and optometric assessment and treatment.
- Putting optometric clinics in schools might generate bigger academic gains than many educational reforms we spend so much energy disputing.
Words that rhyme with optometrycraniometry, geometry, micrometry, psychometry, pyrometry, sociometry, trigonometry
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of optometry in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.