Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of orange peel in English:
1The skin of an orange.
- Bitter orange peel contains synephrine, a stimulant comparable to the banned weight-loss aid ephedra.
- They also keep their organic rubbish, their banana skins and orange peel.
- Head librarian Sue Boddington also discovered pieces of orange and orange peel deposited on the floor of the main part of the library, which overlooks The Strand.
1.1 [as modifier] Denoting skin dimpled like that of an orange, especially when resulting from subcutaneous fat deposits: pockets of orange-peel skin
More example sentences
- Choose a product that makes an anti-cellulite claim on the packet, as this means it has been clinically proven to have an effect on orange-peel skin.
- From popping pills and slathering on creams to having a machine roll over the thighs, an increasing number of women are seeking these solutions to orange-peel skin.
- While most women are familiar with the characteristic orange-peel skin, cellulite remains the subject of some controversy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.