Definition of orc in English:
(In fantasy literature and games) a member of an imaginary race of humanlike creatures, characterized as ugly, warlike, and malevolent.
- It's one thing to cast orcs or some other imaginary monsters as being evil.
- One orc says that something hurt the creature and is still lurking in the tunnels.
- There is a debate between the orc parties, and two orcs from the Mordor party are killed in the dispute.
- Example sentences
- Only roaring electric guitars in orcish songs seem to work well.
- Sir Kuiper used his influence to gain a concession in Pelgaryn as compensation for the losses he suffered from the orcish invasion.
- As a teen, it was evil overlords and orcish hoards.
Definition of orc in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia