Definition of orchestrate in English:
1Arrange or score (music) for orchestral performance.
- Among its new product features is Arrange, a function enabling the use of artificial intelligence to arrange and orchestrate music automatically.
- Gloria is not only a multi-instrumentalist (she plays violin and piano) but she also arranges and orchestrates all the music of Rua.
- Two years later, ten weeks before his death, Mozart told his wife he was orchestrating the rondo finale for his friend Anton
2Arrange or direct the elements of (a situation) to produce a desired effect, especially surreptitiously: the developers were able to orchestrate a favorable media campaign
More example sentences
- The combatants so far proved incapable of ending the civil war, working toward rebuilding the civic and state institutions and orchestrating a comprehensive plan for rehabilitation.
- Marian Maloney Higgins, head of the hairdressing college is orchestrating the hair style element of the show.
- Rozema skillfully orchestrates all of these elements together, and the result is a richly textured, entertaining and impressive debut.
- Example sentences
- But I have to say, that it's thanks to director James Foley's orchestration that the film is worth seeing.
- It wasn't a reaction against the previous album and those big, lush orchestrations - I simply wanted to do something different.
- Pakie Tynan, from Irishtown, was our instructor and he used to show us how to read the various parts in the orchestrations.
- Example sentences
- As early as 1946, Henderson was one of the orchestrators of Beggar's Holiday, the only Ellington musical produced on Broadway.
- Murderers, let alone orchestrators of genocide, are different.
- I don't mean the big-name celebrities, the deluded orchestrators behind it all.
Words that rhyme with orchestrateexfiltrate • magistrate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan