- Inflammation of one or both of the testicles.More example sentences
- Mumps in adolescent and adult males may also result in the development of orchitis, an inflammation of the testicles.
- Complications include deafness, meningitis and orchitis (inflammation of the testis).
- A history of orchitis, testicular trauma, or other pathology may be contributory.
late 18th century: modern Latin, from Greek orkhis 'testicle' + -itis.
More definitions of orchitisDefinition of orchitis in:
- The British & World English dictionary