- A candidate for ordination.More example sentences
- Jeff Rawle, star of Drop The Dead Donkey and I Saw You, plays the pernickety Father Peregrine, and Jesse Spencer is the handsome young ordinand Raphael.
- Some evangelical ordinands are questioning whether they can in good conscience go forward to ordination in the current crisis.
- He pointed out that women would soon outnumber men as ordinands.
mid 19th century: from Latin ordinandus, gerundive of ordinare 'put in order' (see ordain).
More definitions of ordinandDefinition of ordinand in:
- The British & World English dictionary