- A small ear-shaped pasta.More example sentences
- In a second pot of boiling water, cook 1/2 pound orecchiette or other small pasta and salt to taste.
- In the south, smaller pasta such as fusilli or orecchiette are common, as is ziti (long tubular pasta, often broken into pieces for baked dishes).
- Boil a pan of orecchiette (little ears, which collect the little bits of the sauce) or cappellini (angel hair pasta, which wraps itself around the florets) and cook the broccoli until just tender.
Italian, literally 'little ears'.
More definitions of orecchietteDefinition of orecchiette in:
- The British & World English dictionary