A large cactus native to the southwestern US, having columnar stems or branches and typically flowering at night.
- Several species in the family Cactaceae, including Lemaireocereus marginatus and Cereus thurberi
More example sentences
- Most of the organ pipe cactus in the United States are found within the monument's borders.
- Due to their high triterpene glycoside content, agria and organ pipe cacti have the highest sugar content.
- Rising above them, mountains climbed past saguaro and organ pipe cactus to fields of snow so peaceful that he kept riding only to reach them as the trail ascended toward the distant passes.
More definitions of organ pipe cactusDefinition of organ pipe cactus in:
- The British & World English dictionary