noun[often as modifier]
- Any of a large group of pesticides and other synthetic organic compounds with chlorinated aromatic molecules.More example sentences
- Public outcry resulted in the banning of the organochlorines DDT, BHC and lindane in 1978.
- Metals and organochlorine compounds were analyzed by the Quebec Toxicology Center, Quebec City, Canada.
- They are urging farmers to rid their farms of de-registered chemicals such as DDT, Dieldrin and persistent organochlorine pesticides.
More definitions of organochlorineDefinition of organochlorine in:
- The British & World English dictionary