noun(also organogeny /ˌôrgəˈnäjənē/) Biology
- The production and development of the organs of an animal or plant.More example sentences
- In citrus, epicotyl and internodal stem segments have been widely used to regenerate plants via organogenesis.
- During the next 9 days before birth, organogenesis continues, as in the chick, and the embryo grows in size.
- In higher plants, organogenesis is not limited to embryonic development but continues throughout the life of the plant.
More definitions of organogenesisDefinition of organogenesis in:
- The British & World English dictionary