Definition of origanum in English:
An aromatic plant of a genus that includes marjoram and oregano.
- Genus Origanum, family Labiatae
- Its flowers are the source of the famous Hymettus honey; and what is called ‘Spanish origanum oil’ is produced from it.
- He'd had to assure her that garlic and origanum were necessities, and avocado vinaigrette could add a delightful - and nourishing - touch to a meal.
- Italian oregano (Origanum X majoricum) is a hybrid resulting from crossing oregano and sweet marjoram (Origanum majorana).
Definition of origanum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan