Definition of ornithischian in English:
Of, relating to, or denoting herbivorous dinosaurs of an order distinguished by having a pelvic structure resembling that of birds. Compare with saurischian.
- The University of California Museum of Paleontology is proud to present displays of ornithischian dinosaurs.
- Meanwhile, the much smaller ornithischian dinosaurs - the ornithopods and stegosaurs - browsed on the undergrowth.
- The williams Fork Formation preserves a diverse dinosaur fauna containing at least nine saurischian and five ornithischian species.
nounBack to top
An ornithischian dinosaur.
- Order Ornithischia, superorder Dinosauria; comprises the stegosaurs, ankylosaurs, ornithopods, pachycephalosaurs, and ceratopsians
- The reasons for the extreme rarity of ornithischians in the Lower Jurassic of China are unclear at present.
- The thyreophorans are the armored ornithischians: the stegosaurs and ankylosaurs.
- A number of interesting structural adaptations were developed within the ornithischians.
Definition of ornithischian in:
- British & World English dictionary