Definition of osprey in English:
noun (plural ospreys)
A large fish-eating bird of prey with long narrow wings and a white underside and crown, found throughout the world. Also called fish hawk.
- Pandion haliaetus, the only member of the family Pandionidae
- But they're finding it difficult to get research support for their concerns about ospreys and sea eagles.
- The creek also is home to ospreys and great blue herons.
- Among the nearly 200 species found here are thicket tinamou, brown pelican, osprey, king vulture, and laughing gull.
Words that rhyme with ospreyAndré • entrée
Definition of osprey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.