Definition of osteoblast in English:
A cell that secretes the matrix for bone formation.
- Finally, there is a zone in which the cartilage cells die and are replaced by bone laid down by osteoblasts.
- Fluoride increases bone formation by stimulating osteoblasts and increasing cancellous bone formation in patients with osteoporosis.
- In animals, statins increased the number of osteoblasts and new bone formation.
- Example sentences
- At the cellular level, the histomorphometric data were indicative of decreased osteoblastic and increased osteoclastic activity.
- Bone mineral density is determined by the homeostasis between osteoblastic bone formation and osteoclastic bone resorption.
- A computed tomographic scan showed several osteoblastic and osteolytic lesions in vertebral bodies and the pelvis, compatible with metastases.
Definition of osteoblast in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan