- The formation of bone.More example sentences
- As a consequence, the mineralized septa providing the scaffold for bone deposition cannot be formed, and osteogenesis itself is severely disturbed.
- Inflammation is a necessary step in the healing of normal body tissues, and osteoblasts specifically require prostaglandins for osteogenesis and differentiation.
- Stimulation of osteogenesis leading to bone repair, as in patients with large bone defects, fracture non-unions, and incomplete allograft consolidation, is clinically desirable for early healing and restoration of function.
- More example sentences
- Fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor receptor regulate fetal osteogenic growth and are expressed in cranial sutures in early fetal life.
- The osteogenic action of bisphosphonates and their relative lack of activity outside the skeleton have led to the increased use of these agents in treating osteoporosis.
- Implanted osteogenic stimulators deliver electrical impulses directly to the site where bone regrowth needs to occur.
More definitions of osteogenesisDefinition of osteogenesis in:
- The British & World English dictionary