Definition of osteospermum in English:
noun (plural osteosperma /-mə/)
A plant or shrub of the daisy family, native to Africa and the Middle East, some varieties of which are cultivated for their yellow or violet flowers.
- Genus Osteospermum, family Compositae
- Daisies such as arcotis, erigerum, gazanias and osteospermums are terrific value, flowering for many months of summer.
- I love rudbeckias of all sizes, shastas similarly, colourful chrysanthemums and coreopsis, marguerites, ox-eyes, osteospermums; the list is almost endless.
- That does not, however, mean that I will stop bugging the local nurseries to stock the exotic osteospermum!
Definition of osteospermum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia