noun (plural osteosperma /-mə/)
- A plant or shrub of the daisy family, native to Africa and the Middle East, some varieties of which are cultivated for their yellow or violet flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Osteospermum, family Compositae
- Daisies such as arcotis, erigerum, gazanias and osteospermums are terrific value, flowering for many months of summer.
- I love rudbeckias of all sizes, shastas similarly, colourful chrysanthemums and coreopsis, marguerites, ox-eyes, osteospermums; the list is almost endless.
- That does not, however, mean that I will stop bugging the local nurseries to stock the exotic osteospermum!
mid 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek, osteo-, 'bone' + Greek, sperma, 'seed'.
More definitions of osteospermumDefinition of osteospermum in:
- The British & World English dictionary