noun (plural osteotomies)
- The surgical cutting of a bone or removal of a piece of bone.More example sentences
- Therefore, we felt that osteotomy was successful in avoiding further ligament reconstructive surgery in 11 of the 16 patients, or nearly 70% of the patients.
- A variety of surgical treatments for the more advanced lesions have been proposed, including arthroscopic debridement, osteotomy, drilling, and total knee arthroplasty.
- The surgeon places a guide over the lateral femur to identify the location for the femoral neck osteotomy.
More definitions of osteotomyDefinition of osteotomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary