noun (plural same)
- (In Japan) a young person who is obsessed with computers or particular aspects of popular culture to the detriment of their social skills.More example sentences
- The report reveals that their interests can be shared with video game otaku or comic enthusiasts because animation shows, games and comics often have characters and content in common.
- He had described it as ‘a gathering place for computer otaku,’ so I had a negative image about the place before seeing it.
- Much of the media is currently smitten with the country's booming otaku culture.
Japanese, literally 'your house', alluding to the reluctance of such young people to leave the house.
More definitions of otakuDefinition of otaku in:
- The British & World English dictionary