- (Of a person or their behavior) governed by external circumstances and trends.More example sentences
- This source of motivation tends to be externally based when the student is primarily other-directed and seeking affirmation of traits, competencies, and values.
- Both were other-directed in the behavior and inner-directed in their rather fierce determination to see a very particular policy become law.
- Beethoven managed to put an end to this noble tradition by inaugurating a barbaric U-turn away from an other-directed music to an inward-directed, narcissistic focus on the composer himself and his own tortured soul.
More definitions of other-directedDefinition of other-directed in:
- The British & World English dictionary