noun(one's other half) informal
A person’s wife, husband, or partner: treat your other half to a romantic outing for two
More example sentences
- My other half can treat himself to a slab and make it last a whole week.
- I was very pleasantly surprised when the editor introduced me and my other half to the rest of the team with a full bio.
- It was great to see him and his other half albeit only for a couple of hours.
how the other half lives
- Used to allude to the way of life of a different group in society, especially a wealthier one.More example sentences
- Though his conclusions are a little predigested, he wants to create enlightening and ultimately dignifying experiences that teach people how the other half lives.
- She presents a breezy overview of issues relevant to men who are interested in seeing how the other half lives.
- So I actually got to see how the other half lives, cosseted away in their curtained off world of hot towels, free wine, chocolates, and cookies.
More definitions of other halfDefinition of other half in:
- The British & World English dictionary