- 1Before a legal hearing can take place: they are trying to settle the squabble out of court [as adjective]: an out-of-court settlementMore example sentences
- He threatened legal action but an out of court settlement was reached.
- One of the things the legal group has been working on is the encouragement of out of court settlements in legal disputes.
- Unfortunately, it was settled out of court and the settlement wasn't made public.
More definitions of out of courtDefinition of out of court in:
- The British & World English dictionary