Definition of outbox in English:
1.1A folder in which e-mails written by an individual are held before being sent.
- I could probably be fired for some of the things that have emanated from my outbox.
- Try as she might, her MS Word Document fax won't send out of the outbox.
- Along with weather information and a listing of recent articles about Linux, Evolution shows how many messages are in your inbox and outbox.
Pronunciation: /ˌoutˈbäks /[with object] Back to top
Boxing Defeat (an opponent) by superior boxing ability.
- As one boxing historian stated, ‘If he could not outbox an opponent, he could certainly outlast the best of them.’
- A successful businessman, he wasn't short of money but enjoyed the challenge of outboxing an opponent.
- The unanimous decision that brought the end to his reign was due, in no small part, to the champion's decision to try and outbox his more skilled opponent, confining the use of his power advantage until the later rounds.
Definition of outbox in:
- British & World English dictionary