A person who has been rejected by society or a social group.
- No longer could gays and lesbians be treated by society and by the law as social outcasts, a marginal and disposable fringe.
- Once in prison, inmates are officially designated as social outcasts.
- Do we ban everything that is potentially dangerous and turn the practitioners into social outcasts?
Rejected or cast out: made to feel outcast and inadequate
More example sentences
- Second, Charles deals with and accepts these outcast individuals where they are.
- It examines what happens when the outcast kid is pushed too far.
- This early medieval Sanskrit text recounts the Saivite myth of an outcast king who had been a dog in a previous birth.
Words that rhyme with outcastoutcaste
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.