A person who has been rejected by society or a social group.
- No longer could gays and lesbians be treated by society and by the law as social outcasts, a marginal and disposable fringe.
- Once in prison, inmates are officially designated as social outcasts.
- Do we ban everything that is potentially dangerous and turn the practitioners into social outcasts?
Rejected or cast out: made to feel outcast and inadequate
More example sentences
- Second, Charles deals with and accepts these outcast individuals where they are.
- It examines what happens when the outcast kid is pushed too far.
- This early medieval Sanskrit text recounts the Saivite myth of an outcast king who had been a dog in a previous birth.
Words that rhyme with outcastoutcaste
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.