- Farthest from the center: the outermost layer of the earthMore example sentences
- The outermost cell layer is the epidermis with a cuticle that covers the entire seed coat.
- Enamel, the hardest tissue in the body, covers the dentin and forms the outermost layer of the crown.
- We see the outermost layers of clouds, which are probably composed of icy crystals of methane.
pronounBack to top
- The one that is farthest from the center: the orbit of the outermost of these eight planetsMore example sentences
- The system of Sacrobosco, then, had nine spheres, the outermost being occupied by the activity of the First Mover.
- In all of these cases, the secondary plastid is enclosed by multiple membranes, the outermost of which is apparently a derivative of the original phagocytic vacuole.
More definitions of outermostDefinition of outermost in:
- The British & World English dictionary