verb (outgenerals, outgeneraling, outgeneraled ; British outgenerals, outgeneralling, outgeneralled)[with object]
- Get the better of by superior strategy or tactics.More example sentences
- As John Adams would wryly say later, ‘In general, our generals were outgeneralled.’
- The Surveyor at the front rank of tax assessment may have been outgeneralled by a small but active body of higher civil servants and interested industrialists.
- He took over just before the first major offensive in 1950 and was outgeneralled.
More definitions of outgeneralDefinition of outgeneral in:
- The British & World English dictionary