Definition of outmigrant in English:
A person who has migrated from one place to another, especially within a country.
- In the face of these challenges, villagers mobilized all the weapons in their arsenal in order both to ‘extort’ money from outmigrants and to control and, if necessary, to discipline them.
- Migration ‘efficiency,’ the ratio of net to gross migration, was extremely low, only around 5 percent - something often not apparent from the data until the underenumeration of outmigrants was corrected after the next census.
- Most outmigrants are unmarried youths or adult couples with young children who intend to stay away permanently.
- Example sentences
- The outcome, however, of a soon-to-be-obsolescent Southern economy, outmigration, and, perhaps, of reconciliation hardly would have been more tortuous than the outcome that did, actually, occur.
- How many more years before outmigration from the Northeast and upper Midwest renders those states politically irrelevant?
- This outmigration exceeded 10 percent and included especially the young and the well educated.
Definition of outmigrant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.