Definition of outmigrant in English:
A person who has migrated from one place to another, especially within a country.
- In the face of these challenges, villagers mobilized all the weapons in their arsenal in order both to ‘extort’ money from outmigrants and to control and, if necessary, to discipline them.
- Migration ‘efficiency,’ the ratio of net to gross migration, was extremely low, only around 5 percent - something often not apparent from the data until the underenumeration of outmigrants was corrected after the next census.
- Most outmigrants are unmarried youths or adult couples with young children who intend to stay away permanently.
- Example sentences
- The outcome, however, of a soon-to-be-obsolescent Southern economy, outmigration, and, perhaps, of reconciliation hardly would have been more tortuous than the outcome that did, actually, occur.
- How many more years before outmigration from the Northeast and upper Midwest renders those states politically irrelevant?
- This outmigration exceeded 10 percent and included especially the young and the well educated.
Definition of outmigrant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan