- 1Something that streams out rapidly: a massive outpouring of high-energy gamma raysMore example sentences
- The result will be a massive outpouring of funds to serve others.
- A massive outpouring of charity had made this reconstruction possible.
- Advocates, critics, and dispassionate observers alike have been responsible for a massive outpouring of work on the subject.
- 1.1 (often outpourings) An outburst of strong emotion: spontaneous outpourings of affection and support the unprecedented outpouring of tearful griefMore example sentences
- Emotional outpourings of grief and anger are completely understandable, but now I think we need to consider every word as potentially dangerous, and in particular, the words used by our national and international leaders.
- What if his emotional outpourings were a problem in his marriage?
- However, unlike much contemporary travel writing, his work is free of emotional outpourings.