Definition of outshoot in English:
verb (past and past participle outshot)[with object]
1Shoot better than (someone else).
- Now he regrets it because I can outshoot him at targets.
- For a Smith duty auto to outshoot a Smith target revolver is almost unheard of.
- Eastern target shooters also outshot men from the west.
1.1 Sports Make or take more shots than (another player or team).
- The Scots dominated the game, outshooting their opponents 35 to 0.
- They outshot us one night 50-20 and were skating circles around us.
- We went into overtime and they outshot us 13-1, but the one goal we got was the winning goal.
Definition of outshoot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan