- 1Exceptionally good: the team’s outstanding performanceMore example sentences
excellent, marvelous, magnificent, superb, fine, wonderful, superlative, exceptional, first-class, first-rate• informal great, terrific, tremendous, super, amazing, fantastic, sensational, fabulous, ace, neat, killer, crack, A1, mean, awesome, bang-up, skookum, out of this worldsmashing, brilliantextraordinary, exceptional, striking, eye-catching, arresting, impressive, distinctive, unforgettable, memorable, special, momentous, significant, notable, noteworthy• informal out of this world
- Nepal is also, of course, a country of outstanding natural beauty.
- I understood this land was an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- The Lake District National Park is an area of outstanding natural beauty that is protected for the benefit of the nation as a whole.
- 1.1Clearly noticeable: works of outstanding banalityMore example sentences
- Lewis-Francis is the most obvious and outstanding product of his time.
- Even allowing for this, he remains the outstanding figure of early English history.
- 2Remaining to be paid, done, or dealt with: there was a small charge outstanding how much work is still outstanding?More example sentences
- It had no bank debt outstanding when the deal was signed late last week.
- In most cases a judge will attempt to help both the borrower and the lender reach an agreement about how the outstanding debt can best be discharged.
- The only circumstances in which they could call in all outstanding debts would be in the event of their own disbandment.