Definition of overactive in English:
Excessively active: the product of an overactive imagination
More example sentences
- The humour lies in the construction that the listener's overactive imagination can put on these innocuous phrases.
- Over the years, I tried to make myself believe it had been a bad dream, the product, perhaps, of an overactive imagination.
- My overactive imagination conjured up images of me opening the curtains to see a face pressed against the glass, eyeballing me.
- Example sentences
- Both overactivity and underactivity cause problems, and illnesses and unpleasant symptoms arise if this regulator goes wrong.
- It is also important to explain that erratic variation between overactivity on ‘good’ days and subsequent collapse does not help long term recovery and that ‘stabilising’ activity is a prerequisite to graded increases.
- Caused by overactivity of the bladder muscle, medication in conjunction with bladder re-training is effective in helping to restore bladder control in many people.
Definition of overactive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan