Definition of overactive in English:
Excessively active: the product of an overactive imagination
More example sentences
- The humour lies in the construction that the listener's overactive imagination can put on these innocuous phrases.
- Over the years, I tried to make myself believe it had been a bad dream, the product, perhaps, of an overactive imagination.
- My overactive imagination conjured up images of me opening the curtains to see a face pressed against the glass, eyeballing me.
- Example sentences
- Both overactivity and underactivity cause problems, and illnesses and unpleasant symptoms arise if this regulator goes wrong.
- It is also important to explain that erratic variation between overactivity on ‘good’ days and subsequent collapse does not help long term recovery and that ‘stabilising’ activity is a prerequisite to graded increases.
- Caused by overactivity of the bladder muscle, medication in conjunction with bladder re-training is effective in helping to restore bladder control in many people.
Definition of overactive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.