- Excessively ambitious.More example sentences
- I find some overseas prescriptions sound, some obvious, and some overambitious and pretentious.
- Much of this is due to overambitious expansion plans, according to chief executive Terry Playle.
- The event provides a forum for people to vent their frustrations, as long as they do this within a certain language framework, and are not overambitious or militant about their demands.
- More example sentences
- Other long-nurtured pet projects have an element of tragic overambition to them, a yearning to do something that's either more personal or may shatter the restrictions of their star persona.
- The chairman, in whom the bank lost confidence, said he was proud to be guilty of overambition.
- Its downfall came from overambition on limited resources.
More definitions of overambitiousDefinition of overambitious in:
- The British & World English dictionary