Definition of overarching in English:
1.1Comprehensive; all-embracing: a single overarching principle
More example sentences
- The overarching aim of the National Archives policies is to improve public access to archives.
- United Future contends that the foundations of this bill are rooted in the overarching principle of national security.
- It is also highly selective, highlighting a few overarching issues with wide biological impact or interest for the non-specialist, noting important trends and interpreting their significance.
- Example sentences
- For me, overarchingly, Bob Dylan is a huge influence right now.
- Finally, and overarchingly, he offers something to everyone.
- The Committee will be overarchingly concerned with quality issues arising from such areas as those listed below.
Definition of overarching in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan