Definition of overarching in English:
1.1Comprehensive; all-embracing: a single overarching principle
More example sentences
- The overarching aim of the National Archives policies is to improve public access to archives.
- United Future contends that the foundations of this bill are rooted in the overarching principle of national security.
- It is also highly selective, highlighting a few overarching issues with wide biological impact or interest for the non-specialist, noting important trends and interpreting their significance.
- Example sentences
- For me, overarchingly, Bob Dylan is a huge influence right now.
- Finally, and overarchingly, he offers something to everyone.
- The Committee will be overarchingly concerned with quality issues arising from such areas as those listed below.
Definition of overarching in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.