- 1Outweigh: I fault the university for many things, but all are overbalanced by its unparalleled resourcesMore example sentences
- Sum-ranking fails to give sufficient salience to the worth of each person: it in effect permits one person's large misery to be overbalanced by small benefits to a large number of others.
- 1.1Fall or cause to fall over from loss of balance: [no object]: the ladder overbalanced on top of herMore example sentences
- They figured the weight of the stuff overbalanced them and they fell off of places.
- Her sudden bolt as he had been about to catch her had caused Father to overbalance and fall in the dirt.
- He could vault over a much smaller opponent without causing his victim to overbalance and fall.