verb[with object] (usually as adjective overcapitalized)
- 1Provide (a company) with more capital than is advisable or necessary: a bleak time for the overcapitalized firmMore example sentences
- Unfortunately, it is only in the rear-view mirror you can see they were overcapitalised.
- I believe that my success has been with my multidisciplinary approach to business and not overcapitalizing in a swiftly changing market.
- The only wise thing to have done was to allow the liquidation of hundreds of overcapitalized businesses to occur.
More definitions of overcapitalizeDefinition of overcapitalize in:
- The British & World English dictionary