verb (overcommits, overcommitting, overcommitted)[with object]
- 1Oblige (oneself or others) to do more than one is capable of, as to repay a loan one cannot afford: multiple borrowers who may be overcommitting themselvesMore example sentences
- I'm already overcommitted with books I've agreed to read and blurb and introductions I've agreed to write going back some years.
- When businesses are not sure of what's happening, they want to hold onto their cash and not overcommit on space they won't need.
- Before you overcommit to others, take care of yourself.
- More example sentences
- Totally insane overcommitments knocked it out for a time.
- I think my biggest struggle has been caused by overcommitments and my previous lack of time-management skills.
- Isolationists killed the measure as an overcommitment of American power and prestige.
More definitions of overcommitDefinition of overcommit in:
- The British & World English dictionary