Definition of overcommit in English:
verb (overcommits, overcommitting, overcommitted)[with object]
1Oblige (oneself or others) to do more than one is capable of, as to repay a loan one cannot afford: multiple borrowers who may be overcommitting themselves
More example sentences
- I'm already overcommitted with books I've agreed to read and blurb and introductions I've agreed to write going back some years.
- When businesses are not sure of what's happening, they want to hold onto their cash and not overcommit on space they won't need.
- Before you overcommit to others, take care of yourself.
- overcommitment noun
- Example sentences
- Totally insane overcommitments knocked it out for a time.
- I think my biggest struggle has been caused by overcommitments and my previous lack of time-management skills.
- Isolationists killed the measure as an overcommitment of American power and prestige.
Definition of overcommit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.