- Excessive emphasis.More example sentences
- Educators blame the lack of interest or knowledge of civics on several things, including grade inflation, overemphasis of test scores, and failure to teach the relevance of the Constitution.
- Individual patients may suffer considerably as a result of therapeutic nihilism resulting from overemphasis on risk avoidance.
- Moreover, the media giants' overemphasis on a few large demographic blocs has neglected many other, smaller audiences, and has contributed immensely to the dumbing down of both news and entertainment.
More definitions of overemphasisDefinition of overemphasis in:
- The British & World English dictionary