verb (overhits, overhitting; past and past participle overhit)
- (In tennis and other sports played with a ball) hit the ball too strongly or too far: Glenders has overhit another ball [no object]: Marat Safinwas overhitting, mucking up volleys, but he won anywayMore example sentences
- Without trying to overhit the ball, it's easier to repeat shots, and when you repeat shots, eventually your ball is going to attack the pins with consistency.
- A tendency to overhit the ball led to a couple of bad looking wides from what were really intended as passes for forwards running into space.
- Arsenal can't get the ball at the moment, so Salihamidzic kindly overhits his cross by about 50 yards.
More definitions of overhitDefinition of overhit in:
- The British & World English dictionary