- 1Have too much of something enjoyable, especially food or drink: it is easy to overindulge in these kinds of foodsMore example sentences
- We binge on the wrong foods, overindulge in caffeine and are exposed to environmental toxins.
- So get plenty of rest, don't overindulge in food or alcohol, and don't overschedule.
- Something about the holidays makes many of us overindulge in all the wrong foods, and the worst part is that you usually regret what you've eaten once you see the number on the scale.
- 1.1 [with object] Gratify the wishes of (someone) to an excessive extent: his mother had overindulged himMore example sentences
- Although parents are advised to treat their child as normally as possible, many parents overprotect and overindulge their child.
- He smokes too much and overindulges the child in sweets.
- He overindulged his children, yet when we showed signs of inheriting this trait he was indignant.