- 1(Of a price or value) excessive: overinflated land valuesMore example sentences
- In reality, everybody knew that technology share prices were overinflated by the end of 1999, but most people also knew that there was no absolute limit to how high they could go.
- Japan had grossly overinflated prices because of its flawed system.
- The case for an overinflated market gets stronger if you can rent a nice house for far less than the monthly carrying cost of buying it, including mortgage and maintenance.
- 1.1Exaggerated: there have been so many overinflated claims and unfulfilled promisesMore example sentences
- Some let the overinflated earnings claims cloud their judgment.
- They include restrictions on names which are too similar to drugs already on the market, names which imply overinflated claims for drugs, and those which might be offensive in one language or another.
- I did not think he was sincere and I thought he had an overinflated opinion of himself.
- 2Filled with too much air: an overinflated balloonMore example sentences
- The highlight was the wonderfully uneven nature of the handmade pasta: one of my ravioli was overinflated like a balloon.
- As with anterior packing, tissue necrosis can occur if a posterior pack is inserted improperly or balloons are overinflated.
- Remember that overinflated tires can cause uneven tire wear and underinflated tires can cause increased tire temperature, leading to tire failure.
- More example sentences
- There are all sorts of economic factors that add to the geopolitical risk, such as rising interest rates, the weak dollar, a fall in consumer spending and overinflation of equity markets.
- Lung overinflation may impinge on the cardiac fossa, leading to decreased venous return, and also may promote ventricular interdependence by physiologically restricting the heart.
- And even though tires are sometimes better able to cope with overinflation when it comes to service pressure than the rims do, this fact shouldn't allow you to run overinflated.
More definitions of overinflatedDefinition of overinflated in:
- The British & World English dictionary