Definition of overshare in English:
verb[no object] (often as noun oversharing)
Reveal an inappropriate amount of detail about one’s personal life: her taste for oversharing was part of a grassroots publicity campaign that cost her and her label nothing
More example sentences
- The letters are by turns hilarious and tragic, highly inappropriate and oversharing.
- And that lowered expectation of privacy is not just a function of the information oversharing common on social networking sites.
- Most obviously, it leads to a great deal of oversharing: all of those photographs that seemed like a fun idea at the time are only the beginning of it.
- Example sentences
- "I think that crossing the chasm from the early adopter segment of oversharers, over to the more reticent mainstream, is not something that will happen right away," he says.
- Facebook and Twitter are both sites for oversharers.
- I must be a massive oversharer!
Definition of overshare in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.