- past and past participle of overshoot.
adjectiveBack to top
- 1(Of a waterwheel) turned by water falling onto it from an overhead channel.More example sentences
- On some estates, larger, more powerful mills with as many as three linked vertical overshot wheels were used.
- The mill was demolished after the First World War. It had an overshot waterwheel of 15 feet diameter.
- The overshot wheel is the most common wheel seen in North America. It is a gravity wheel. This means that it harnesses the force of gravity acting vertically on the water as it travels from the top to the bottom of the wheel.
- 2Denoting an upper jaw that projects beyond the lower jaw.More example sentences
- I've had an overshot jaw for most my life, and it hasn't bothered me.
- If your dog has an undershot or an overshot jaw typically it is not a cause for alarm unless it is making your dog uncomfortable.
More definitions of overshotDefinition of overshot in:
- The British & World English dictionary