- A rotating motion given to a ball when throwing or hitting it, used to give it extra speed or distance or to make it bounce awkwardly.More example sentences
- The problem was that he hit the ball like a slap shot in hockey, putting such overspin that the bottom of the ball dropped out quickly.
- They bounce and run like they're loaded with overspin.
- ‘The greens were so rough in those days, we both believed you had to hit down so the ball would start on the top of the grass, roll with overspin and keep the line.’
More definitions of overspinDefinition of overspin in:
- The British & World English dictionary