Definition of oversubscribed in English:
1Applied for in greater quantities than are available or expected: those bonds were said to be twelve to fourteen times oversubscribed
More example sentences
- The share sale was hugely oversubscribed and at one point the shares were 27% higher than the issue price of 850 rupees.
- When Medco Energi Internasional of Indonesia put $150 million in bonds up for sale in May, the offer was eight times oversubscribed.
- Because oversubscribed issues are subject to quantity rationing, uninformed investors may find that they are eventually allocated more overpriced issues.
1.1(Of a course, etc.) having more applications than available places.
- The University, which claims to have ‘rigorous methods of distinguishing between very able candidates’, also quashed suggestions that they would introduce a lottery system for oversubscribed courses.
- University boat clubs are oversubscribed and lots of schools are starting rowing which is great.
- The awards will help universities and colleges differentiate between candidates for oversubscribed courses.
Definition of oversubscribed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.