- A general review or summary of a subject: a critical overview of the scientific issues of our timeMore example sentences
- The brief historical overviews and capsule summaries of relevant legislation and systemic mechanisms in place under the first are excellent ‘neat’ glimpses of the bigger international picture.
- This is an admirable book and should be the first stop for anyone interested in a dispassionate overview of the subject.
- The first section, on placebo effects, provides an accurate overview of current scientific thought.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Give a general review or summary of: the report overviews the needs of the communityMore example sentences
- Three of these initiatives are overviewed below.
- Pieces had been written immediately after the accident overviewing migrant life, but none really had scratched the surface as to what it had been like for the ten dead men in the truck.
- In this chapter, a holistic approach will be taken, overviewing the parameters of infringing treatment in light of decisions taken by the various international bodies.
More definitions of overviewDefinition of overview in:
- The British & World English dictionary