Pronunciation: /ˌōvərˈwôtər, -ˈwätər /[with object]
- Water (a plant, a lawn, etc.) too much: your cutting needs some water, but make sure you don’t overwater itMore example sentences
- The second year I compensated and overwatered the plant.
- At the same time, be sure your plant is not getting too much water, either by overwatering or being planted in a soil that does not properly drain.
- Some parts of these slightly rolling irrigated fields were being overwatered by as much as 20 percent.
Pronunciation: /ˈōvərwôtər, -wätər /Back to top
- Situated or taking place above water: the airline is to initiate long-haul overwater operationsMore example sentences
- They create a harmonious landscape, with overwater bungalows perched above a sparkling lagoon, emphasizing the obvious: that Bora is more water than land.
- From here a web of walkways spiders back out across the languid waters of the lagoon, leading to 82 swanky overwater bungalows.
- A world away from this almost bohemian atmosphere is the very smart Le Méridien, a complex of 138 rooms and suites and a dozen overwater bungalows about ten miles from town.
More definitions of overwaterDefinition of overwater in:
- The British & World English dictionary